If you are looking to go deeper into the craft of teaching skills
Get my free Teacher’s Toolkit – Sign up for teaching tips – Upcoming advanced Studies are listed here below.
Themeing,Cues,Vocabulary,Alignment,Philosophy, Using Quotes
In this advanced study, I'll give you a firm grounding in bettering your teaching skills.
Ready to move from sounding like your teacher, to sounding like yourself? It’s time to refine your teaching skills! This course offers you a well rounded next step to Adding Yoga Philosophy to your lessons, Making Themes, Alignment, Adjusting, Being creative with your words and cues.
See your students from the teacher's point of view instead of the student you were in your 200+ hour teacher trainings, learn to be clear & precise in your words and creative in your guidance.
What to expect
Learn how to:
1. Find and Share inspiring quotes during your Opening or Savasana ( to spark a sense of Unity and open heartedness)
2. Use speaking formulas to find your true Authentic message ( without sounding like someone else).
3. Find your personal style, your source of inspiration to make lessons from.
4. Expand your Cueing Vocabulary ( to say the same thing 20 different ways) learn to improvise
5. Theme your classes ( from a quote or one of the six common qualities see below)
6. Learn cueing formulas to weave your theme into a lesson
7. Apply 15 standard manual Adjustments (to support a theme)
8. Stimulate your Creative Mind ( to learn to improvise and adjust to what is actually happening in the classroom instead of what you planned)
9. Learn about loops and spirals in the body and how they can help you adjust/ assist the energetic direction of the student’s asana.
Exploring the above skills with 5 standards themes + philosophy
✦ Heart Energy
✦ Rooting and grounding
✦ Divine Balance and integration
✦ Swirling, circular energy
For more detailed information, see the button for the next training
This study is primarily in English, but Léah speaks fluent Dutch.
Advanced Study: 50 hour
Contact me if you want me to integrate this training in YOUR STUDIO with your faculty.
Masterclasses of Hands-on Assists/ Adjustments include:
1. Philosophy of Assisting, Ethics, Role of Awareness, Presence, Breath
2. Touch and the ethics, types of Touch
3. Types of Students. Non verbal communication
4. Review of Basic Manual Adjustments Feet, Knees, Hips Spine Standing poses
5. Review of Basic Manual Adjustments Spine -Shoulder- elbows -Hands
6. How to support beginners (in a basic flow class and mixed level class)
7. Assisting in a Flow ``choreography of assisting``
8. Seated poses, Grounding
9. Finishing Poses Assists
10. Advanced and Strong Flow Assists ( Binding, twists, hand balances)
11. Perception of the student ``How to read the body and give the most effective assist in that moment
12. Ashtanga philosophy applied to Adjustments; observing, bandha’s and breath (twists,shoulder arm holds)
13. Assisting for injuries / props